Hospice aides are healthcare professionals who provide personal care assistance in a hospice care setting.
With the supervision of a registered nurse, a hospice aide caters personal care, such as bathing and transferring. An aide is also a compassionate person who can give comfort care for individuals with terminal illness. At Elite Hospice of Texas, we make sure that our hospice aides are qualified care providers who can meet the standard of quality hospice care.
A hospice aide can do a wide range of services, such as:
- Changing bed linens
- Assistance with ambulation
- Assisting with transportation
- Meal preparation
- Monitoring vital signs
- Assistance with exercise
- Bedside visits (listening, writing letters, reading)
- Bathing: bed bath, tub bath, shower
- Grooming and dressing (care of hair, make-up)